FI - Flight Instructor
They say you will only learn something for real if you teach it yourself. Training to become a flight instructor will greatly enhance your flying skill and teach you how to manage a flight on a new level.
Flight Instructor training at Green Flight Academy is conducted by instructors with years of teaching experience and it is the world’s only FI course with electric aeroplanes.
We fly electric Pipistrel Velis Electro and Tecnam P2010tdi and differences training on both aeroplanes are included.
We are always looking for talented Flight Instructors. If you complete our FI course during spring 2024 there is a high chance of employment.
It is a truly special feeling when you send your very first student on their first solo flight.
Just a few weeks prior your student had never flown an airplane before and now they are safely taking to the skies on their own. Teaching others the skills you have acquired is the ultimate way to enhance your own flying skill and ability to work together with others.
Being a flight instructor is not only the ability to demonstrate manoeuvres with great precision but also your competence in finding a teaching method that will make your student reach their goals.
The Flight Instructor course enhances your flying skill and gives you the teaching tools and methods you will need in your future career as an instructor. After the course you will also notice that your overall situational awareness, decision making skills, communication and workload management have all improved.
- At least 18 years of age
- Hold at least a CPL or PPL with CPL-theory. If you want to only instruct for LAPL a PPL is sufficient. For applicants without a CPL a minimum of 200 hours flight time is required of which minimum 150 hours as PIC.
- Have 10 hours of instrument instruction in the appropriate aircraft category of which maximum 5 hours can be in an FSTD
- Have completed at least 30 hours of flight time in SEP airplanes, of which 5 hours within 6 months preceding the pre-entry flight test
- Have completed a cross-country navigation of at least 300nm with full stop landings at two different airports
- Pass a pre-entry flight test. This is very similar to a PC on a SEP airplane where you´ll be assessed on your ability to complete an instructor course
- If you do not meet the requirements for Instrument or flight time please contact us and we can help you with that.
For the first 100 hours and 20 solo supervisions you are restricted as an instructor and cannot release a student on their first solo or first solo cross-country navigation.
Instructor for the issue, revalidation or renewal of
- LAPL or PPL
- Class ratings in single-pilot airplanes
- CPL once you have gained 200 hours as a flight instructor
- Night Rating after demonstrating the ability to do so
- Towing or aerobatic rating after demonstrating the ability to do so
- Difference training Pipistrel Velis Electro and Tecnam P2010tdi
- 125 hours theory
- 25 hours teaching and learning course
- 100 hours of theory including lesson preparation, technical course, legislative training
- 30 flight hours in a mix of Velis Electro and Tecnam P2010tdi
- Up to 5 hours of the flight training can be done as two instructor applicants flying together
- The course will take a minimum of 5 weeks to complete.
Course fee EUR 12,900 / 139,000 SEK
Course fee includes flight instructor, aircraft, fuel/charge, navigation- and landing fees.
Accommodation can be arranged at subsidized prices.
2 January 2024